Saturday, July 02, 2005

Mr. Obama lauds his own greatness

My opinion of Barack Obama, the freshman Senator from Illinois, is sinking just a bit, and stories such as this one, related by Peggy Noonan, help to contribute to that sinking feeling.

Parenthetically, I happen to be an admirer of Billy Graham, who is also mentioned in the same Peggy Noonan column. He embodies the Christian virtues he has preached so effectively for the past 60 years, a fact which I suppose explains how he could so gracefully tolerate the rather transparent attempt by Ahab and Jezebel to upstage him during what appears almost certain to be Dr. Graham's last crusade.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

I know exactly what you mean!

And I also have admired Billy Graham for a long time. Talk about a guy who is giving it all for God. It only made me fonder of him when I found that he and Pope John Paul II got along famously. :-)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home