Friday, July 29, 2005

Samoa -- and Hawaii

My grandfather and namesake, Barnard J. Nicholls, served a mission in the early 20th century in Samoa. My parents have arranged a trip to the dedication of the Apia Samoa LDS Temple so we can retrace his steps using his mission journals. My parents, my uncle and his wife, my two sisters and their husbands, and my wife. We'll also spend some time in Hawaii. Cindy's been (as chaperone on our daughter's senior class trip). I've never been. Not that I'm bitter. Won't be able to say that any more. Excited for the trip, a step back in history.

1 Comments:

Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

Ah, this answers my question. I'll follow this trip with interest, as will Vanessa. I probably don't need to tell you this, but I hope you will post some photos, both on this site and IMCA.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home