Friday, September 16, 2005

He's baaaack

Argued for the first time before the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver (Judges Ebel, Seymour, and Kelly) yesterday: Julie Allen, et al. v. Sybase, et al. The court was a "hot" panel (asked a lot of questions). Fifteen minutes isn't very long.

I'm still recovering from sleeping on the floor of a chief's house in Auto (pronounced "Ow-ooh-toe"), American Samoa, taking a redeye from Pago Pago to Honolulu the next day, and a day later from Honolulu to Vegas, and then late nights preparing for my oral argument. Plus, I had my first bishopric meeting since returning (to continue organizing our campus ward) last night at 6:30 and didn't get home from interviews until 10:30. It had been our home ward temple night, and the refreshments after at our house. I missed it all. It was a hop-skip-and-jump to midnight (I needed to talk with my wife, and needed some down time and was exhausted, but wasn't sleepy yet) when the kids came home (Jed, Kelly, and David), hadn't talked to them for a while, so was up to 1 a.m.

All this without the benefit of Dr. Pepper (I'm being good).

I'm hashed. Or as we would say in Britain, shattered. Going to go into the office late today, take care of a few things, then come back home and get my life back together (organize the piles in my corner of the bedroom). I've been treading the treadmill too long.

1 Comments:

Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

Good to see you getting back into the swing of things. I figured you must have been busy, since I hadn't heard from you in awhile, either on the blog or otherwise.

Are you as annoyed as I am by those "comments" that turn out to be the blogging equivalent of pop-up ads??!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home