Saturday, March 11, 2006

Home again

We flew to Denver last night for a missionary homecoming of my parents-in-law. They served in Houston, Texas -- in the inner city for the first year, and in rural Navasota (near College Station) for the past six months.

They had intended to serve for two years, but my father-in-law's cancer has returned. (They were incredibly hardworking and probably did more in 18 months than the average couple could do in 3 years). They touched lots of lives and served as an example for their family. When my oldest son and I took them to the airport to go on their mission, we watched them both limp away. But Robin had a fall, broke her wrist, severed her rotator cuff, had surgery, and endured PT. But they stayed.

At breakfast this morning they shared some of their experiences. Looking forward to their talks in church tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

Glad they had a successful mission, and I hope Cindy's dad gets better. I knew he had some health issues, but was unaware that cancer was among them. Please send my greetings and best wishes to both of them.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home