Friday, July 08, 2005

First Madsen Eagle

My grandfather Madsen served on the LDS Church's Young Men's General Board for decades -- but he himself was never an Eagle Scout. My father and his two brothers were outdoorsmen and Scouts -- but were never Eagle Scouts. Although (God has a sense of humor) I was a Scoutmaster, I was a First Class with four merit badges. My oldest son was a First Class with five merit badges. And my son, David, who just turned 18 this week, completed his Eagle Board of Review last Sunday. He will be the first Madsen Eagle Scout. His Eagle project was to collect clothing and hygiene kits for the Philippines for the nonprofit Vaccines for the Philippines. The deliveries are taking place as we speak. Proud of the young man.

1 Comments:

Blogger Garry Wilmore said...

Proud of him with good reason, too. I share your sentiment, and please communicate that to him. For whatever it's worth, I was never a Scout at all, and this is something I have always deeply regretted.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home